• Basmati rice – 1 cup heaped
• Fresh peas – 1 cup
• Coconut extract – 1 cup
• Water – 1 cup
• Oil – 2 tbsp
• Ghee – 1 tbsp
• Cloves, cardamom and cinnamon – few
• Bay leaf – 1
• Salt – as required
• Green chilies – 8
• Ginger – ½ inch piece
• Grated fresh coconut – 2 ½ tbsp
1. Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes.
2. Drain water and fry lightly with half a tsp. of ghee.
3. Cook peas till tender.
4. Heat oil in pressure cooker, fry the masala spices.
5. Fry for a minute and add cooked peas.
6. Gently mix ground masala paste and fry in a medium flame, till good smell comes.
7. Pour coconut extract, water and required salt. When in starts boiling add rice.
8. Mix well and close the lid. Reduce flame and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
9. Serve hot in a serving dish.
Courtesy : Iskcon Desire Tree
General guidelines for healthier food for both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.