- 1 cup sooji/rava/semolina, 200 gms
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ¼th cup desiccated coconut
- 11 to 12 tbsp milk
- 1 to 2 tbsp ghee (for a smooth looking ladoo, you can add 2 to 2.5 tbsp ghee)
- ½ cup sugar or add as per taste
- 10 to 12 cashews/kaju, chopped
- 1 tbsp golden raisins
- 5 cardamoms, crushed to a powder in a mortar-pestle or coffee grinder or ½ to ⅔ tsp cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add rava and chopped cashews.
- Stir often and roast the rava on a low flame till the rava becomes fragrant and change its color. No need to brown the rava. The texture will also appear crumbly, loose and light. The cashews will also become slight golden. If you add more ghee, you will see ghee leaving the sides. takes about 8 to 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Add desiccated coconut. stir and roast for a minute or two.
- Then add sugar. Now mix the sugar with the rava.
- Add cardamom powder and raisins. Stir again.
- Add milk in parts and keep on stirring. Mix very well.
- Once all the milk is absorbed and the sugar has dissolved, remove the pan from fire.
- Grease your palms with ghee and form ladoos, while the mixture is still hot and you can handle the heat.
- Make all ladoos this way and store them in an air-tight jar or box.
- Serve rava ladoos plain or with a glass of milk
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first.
- While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.