- Bread – 5 slices (Refer our previous posts to prepare bread at home)
- Sooji (semolina) – half cup
- Curd – half cup
- Capsicum (chopped) – 1
- Tomato (chopped) – 1
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Water – half cup
- Mix sooji, curd, bread and water well in a mixer.
- Take out in a bowl and add salt and red chilli powder to it and mix well.
- Next, add capsicum and tomato.
- Mix well and now the batter is ready to use.
- Heat a non stick pan.
- Put some oil on it and spread a small portion of the batter on it.
- Flip it and cook it well from both sides.
- Once well cooked turn off the flame.
- Bread uttapam is ready to serve.
- Serve it hot with sambhar or tomato ketchup or any other dip of your choice.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.