- Maida – 125 gms
- Dry yeast – 1/2tsp
- Salt – 1/4tsp
- Sugar – 30gms
- Vanaspathi – 12 gms
- Water – 85ml
- Mix maida with yeast well in a kitchen slab.
- Make small hole in the centre of the flour.
- Pour little water, salt, and sugar in the centre.
- Knead maida well and in between adding remaining water.
- Knead for 10 minutes to get smooth dough.
- Now add vanaspathi and knead again for 5 minutes.
- Make 4 balls out of this and keep in greaced alumini tray.
- After 2 hrs. pre heat otg oven for 8 minutes in toast mode.
- Bake for 1800c for 15 mins.placing at top mode.
- Bake for 2 mins in broil mode.
- Bun is ready and brush at the top with little butter.
Courtesy: Smt Kousalya Rangaswamy
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.