- Ragi Flour – 1 cup
- Wheat Flour – 1/4 cup
- Potato 1 (boiled and mashed)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for making the rotis
- Boil and mash one big potato.
- Take the mashed potato, flours and salt in a bowl.
- Mix it and knead it to form a stiff dough. The moisture from the potato will be enough to form the dough. Sprinkle few drops of water if needed.
- Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Take a gooseberry sized portion of the dough and roll it out using dry wheat flour to about 6″ diameter.
- Heat a tawa and cook the roti on both sides. Small brown spots appear on both sides as an indication that it is cooked. It will take about a minute on each side.
- Remove the ragi roti from tawa. Ragi roti is now ready to be served.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.