- Chenna dhal- 1 Cup
- Black urad dhal broken- 2 spoons
- Green chillis- 2
- Red chillis- 2
- Coriander leaves- As per your taste
- Salt as per your taste
- Mix Chenna dhal and Urad dhal in a bowl and wash them well.
- Soak the above mentioned dhals for atleast half an hour.
- In the mean time, cut Ginger, Green chillis, Coriander leaves. Once the dhals get soaked drain the water and add the pieces of Ginger, Chillis, Coriander leaves, Salt to this mixture.
- Grind them into a mixer and check that it does not grined like a paste. It should be grined to the state of bits and pieces of dhals only then the Vadai will be more crunchy.
- Heat oil in a pan, once the oil is hot take a small portion of this mixture in your hand and start patting it to round shape on a banana leaf or a betel leaf and drop it gently into the oil.
- Allow it to fry golden brown, then remove it from oil and place it in a bowl and the Paruppu/Aama Vadai is ready to serve now.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.
Courtesy: Purohits & Cooks