- Rice – 1 cup
- Toor dal – 1/2 cup
- Channa dal – 2 tsp
- Urad dal – 2 tsp
- Vegetable of your choice – 1 cup (chopped) – You could use spinach, tomatoes, bottlegourd, zucchini, carrot etc
- Salt – as needed
- Dry red chillies – 4
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger – 1 piece
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – for making adai
- Wash and soak the rice and lentils for 1 hour.
- Grind them together to a coarse texture along with dry red chillies, ginger, cumin seeds, asafoetida, salt and the required water.
- Make the batter in the consistency of a normal dosa batter. Finely chop/grate the vegetables and add to the adai batter while making the adai.
- Heat a dosa tawa and take a spoonfull of the batter and pour in the center.
- Spread the batter using clockwise circular motion with the back of the spoon.
- Pour some oil in the center of the dosai and also on the sides.
- Cook until both the sides are done. Usually it takes 2 minutes on each side. Leave it a little longer on the tawa if you want it crispy.
- Now crispy vegetable adai is ready to serve.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.