- Rice – 250 grams
- Carrot (finely chopped) -2 medium sized
- Capsicum (finely chopped) – 1 small sized
- Cabbage (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Green chillies chopped – 1-2
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 4 tablespoons
- Water – 3 times the quantity of rice
- Soak rice in water for around 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, strain off the excess water.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add rice and 3 times water as the quantity of rice. Mainly we have to cook rice to the extent of 90%. Adjust the quantity of water accordingly.
- Also add 1-2 tablespoons oil & a little quantity of salt.
- Cook on high flame till it comes to a good boil and then reduce the flame.
- Let water get soaked off and rice are ready to be used for fried rice and keep aside.
- Next heat oil in a pan.
- Add finely chopped carrot, cabbage, capsicum, green chillies and let them crackle for a minute.
- Next add salt, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and mix well.
- Now add cooked rice to this mixture and cook them well.
- Vegetable Fried rice is ready to serve now.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.