- Kambu – 1 cup
- Rice – 1/4 cup
- Urad dal – 1/4 cup
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Wash and soak the pearl millet(Kambu), rice, dal and fenugreek seeds and soak it together in enough water for at least 2 hours.
- Grind it to a smooth and fluffy batter with the salt and required water. keep this batter covered for 4 hours.
- Pour a ladle full of batter in the center of the griddle and spread it into a thin crepe using the back of the ladle.
- Sprinkle some oil/butter/ghee on top. flip and cook the other side. cook the way you cook dosas at home.
- Serve the kambu dosa with any vegetable dish, sambar, dal or any chutney.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.