- Maida – 1 cup
- Semolina – 1/4 cup
- Bengal Gram Flour – 3 tsp
- Cabbage (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Carrot (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Peas (crushed) – 1 tsp
- Capsicum (finely chopped) – 2 tsp
- Ginger – a small piece
- Salt as needed
- oil as needed
- Water as needed
- Mix Maida, Semolina, Water, salt well and knead to a dough and kept aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger, chilli, all the finely chopped vegetables and mix well.
- When the vegetables are cooked add salt and gram flour and mix well.
- Take a small portion of dough and spread in to circle.
- place a spoon of vegetable as prepared, cover and spread again well.
- Heat a pan and add the Poli, apply oil and make both sides of Poli cooked.
- Now Vegetable Poli is ready to serve hot.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.