- Mixed Vegetables – 1 big bowl (Carrot, Beetroot, Snake Guard, Pumpkin, Beans, Drumstick, Potatoes)
- Moong dal – 100 gms
- Tomatoes – 2 (finely chopped)
- Sambhar Powder – 2 tsp
- Jaggery – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- In a kadai boil the moongdal.
- When it is half cooked, add the vegetables and tomatoes. Cover and cook it.
- When the vegetables are 3/4th cooked, add the salt, sambar powder, jaggery, asafetida and turmeric powder.
- Continue to cook till the vegetables are completely cooked. Switch off.
- Heat oil in a separate pan and pop the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add the seasoning to the curry.
- Now the Mixed Vegetable Bhaji is ready to serve hot.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.