- Pulicha Keerai – 1 bunch
- Dry Red Chilies – 4
- Green Chilies – 1
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Wash the leaves for at least 2-3 times in plenty of water to remove all dirt.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a heavy bottomed pan and roast the peanuts, channa dal, urad dal, fenugreek seeds and the dry red chilies. Fry on low heat till they turn golden brown.
- Remove it on a plate and let it cool.
- In the same pan add another tbsp of oil and saute the green chili and Keerai leaves in about 3-4 minutes, the leaves will get wilted and let it cool.
- Grind the roasted seeds, chilies, and the leaves together with enough salt to a smooth paste.
- Take the Thogayal in a bowl. Now the Pulicha Keerai Thogayal is ready to serve.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.