• ¾ Cup Ghee
• 1 Cup Chapati flour
• 1 Cup Brown sugar
• 1/3 Cup Raisins
• ¼ Tsp Cardamom powder
1. Heat the ghee over moderate heat, add the flour and roast on low heat until it turns golden brown in color and aromatic. Remove from heat.
2. Grind the sugar to fine powder.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the roasted flour, powdered sugar, raisins and cardamom.
4. When warm and easy enough to handle, divide the mixture into 20 parts and roll them into balls.
5. If the mixture is little dry to make balls, add some ghee.
6.Leave to cool so that they firm up.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.
Courtesy: Anand Lila Devi Dasi