- 150 gms of Tender Lady’s finger
- Three to Four Green chillies
- Half a cup of Tamarind extract
- Two Tsp of Jaggery powder
- Two Tbs of Oil
- One tsp of Mustard seeds
- Half a tsp of fenugreek powder
- A pinch of Asafoetida Powder
- One tbs of Rice flour
- Salt to Taste
- Chop the lady’s finger into slightly thin slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add chopped lady’s finger and chopped green chillies and fry.
- Add tamarind extract(not too watery) and salt and let it boil.
- Mix the rice flour in little water and add.
- Add the fenugreek powder and asafoetida and serve.
Courtesy: Smt Uma
General guidelines for healthier food for both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.