21 October 2021, Thursday
Diwali is around the corner. Lets start preparing for the recipes to be prepared during diwali
Ingredients(for 30 cakes):use same measuring cup for measuring all the ingredients
Gram flour: 1 cup(200 gms)
Ghee: 3 cups
Sugar: 2 cups
Water: 1 cup
Mysore Pak is an easy to make but should be taken care while stirring. It takes very few minutes to prepare this delicious sweet at home. Add half the quantity of ghee to a pan and heat it over medium flame. Once the ghee is heated, add gram flour(powdered gram flour, not chick pea flour) and roast it for a few minutes and the raw smell goes off.
Take another pan, let the sugar be added with water. Let the sugar syrup boil and let the sugar be completely get dissolved in the syrup. When the sugar syrup is prepared, add the fried gram flour in it and stir well till it thickens. Add the remaining ghee and add the gram flour mixture. Keep stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed. When the ghee starts to rise up from the sides and begins to separate. Stir well so that we could notice the mixture starts solidifying in the sides of the vessel.
Stir and pour into a greased plate. Gently spread the mixture and allow it to cool. Before it hardens fully, slice into desired shapes.
Add powdered cardamom and kesari powder while stirring which adds to the flavour.
Garnish with small pieces of cashewnuts and badam if needed
1.Use heavy bottomed vessel, so that gram flour doesnot get burnt. Bronze vessel is better ,but care should be taken as it gets heated very fast.
2.Use adequate amount of ghee, to get proper consistency and good results.
3.Stirring should be done continuously ,after adding gram flour to the sugar syrup.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- * One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- * Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- * Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- * Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- * Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- * Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.