1. Raw rice: quantity – 1 big tumbler
2. moong dhal (green gram): 1 ladle
3. Pepper: 1/2 spoon
4. Jeeragam/fenugreek: 1/2 spoon
5. Ginger: 1 piece
6. Cashew nut: 4 nos.
7. Ghee: 1 ladle
8. Salt: 1/2 spoon
9. asafoetida powder (little)
2. Put ghee in frying pan. Add pepper, cashew nut (add cashew nut at the last when you are frying), asafoetida powder & jeeragam/fenugreek to it & fry it for sometime. Add this to the rice mixture that was cooked in cooker. And there you are ready to gulp the tasty pongal!