- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped ginger pieces
- Add the red chilly powder and stir well
- Once the ginger turns a darker brown, let it cool
- Grind the ginger into a thick paste, do not add water
- Heat tamarind paste along with jaggery syrup on low flame and bring to boil
- Add the ginger paste and keep stirring until the mixture boils to a think paste
- Temper mustard seeds, red chillies, and curry leaves and add to the mixture
Curd – 1 cup (beat it with ½ cup of water)
Salt as requiredFor grinding:
Coconut – 3 tspns
Green chillies – (2 to 3)
Coriander leaves – about 2 tspns
Fenugreek seeds (Methi/ Menthya) – 3 (for added taste, although take care not to add more than this because it will give a bitter taste to the tambuli)
Cumin seeds – ½ tspn
1. Grind all ingredients and add them to the curd. Add salt and grated ginger to this.
2. Mix well and temper this dish with oil, mustard and one red chilli. Cool and add to the curd mixture. Its ready!