1) Nel Pori Urundai
|PORI(PUFFED RICE)||3 CUPS|
|DRY GINGER||1/4 TSP|
|ELACHI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|COCONUT PIECES||2 TBLSP|
- In a kadai, add ghee and fry the coconut pieces until golden brown.
- Keep it aside.
- Melt the jaggery in water and filter it to remove impurities.
- Now in the same kadai, add the coconut pieces and the filtered jaggery water and bring it to boil.
- Take a little water in a small bowl. This is to check the consistency of the jaggery.
- Just add a few drops of nicely boiling jaggery into the water.
- Add the dry ginger powder and elachi powder at this stage.
- If you could able to make it a hard ball,then switch off the gas.
- Otherwise allow it to boil till u reach the consistency.
- Keep the pori in a wide bowl and pour the jaggery to it.
- Mix it nicely with a ladle.
- Greese your hands with a drop of ghee and make it balls when it is warm.
2) Aval Pori Urundai
Aval pori – 4 cups
Crushed Jaggery – 1 cup
Coconut sliced – 1 ladle
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp.
Pottukadalai – 1/2 ladle
Rice flour – 2 tablespoons
Take a wide plate and put the aval pori in it.
Dissolve the crushed jaggery in water , strain and make a soft ball consistency syrup. Remove quickly and add it to the aval pori. Mix well. Tap your hand with rice flour and shape to balls when warm.