Kadalai Mavu (Bengal gram dal flour) 1 portion
Sugar 2 portions
Ghee 2 portions
- Add sugar to adequate quantity of water (enough to wet the sugar in the pan) and boil.
- When sugar syrup in formed, add Kadalai Mavu and keep stirring.
- Add pre-boiled ghee and continue to stir. For this, ghee has to be boiled separately and kept ready.
- When the mixture solidifies and turns somewhat curlish, pour it on to a large plate in the middle, coated with ghee.
- Cut into diamond shape slabs using a knife.
- Allow 10 minutes for cooling, before serving.