You can try and and enjoy the simple and easy chocolate cake.
- Maida – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Yoghurt – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup (white/unsalted)
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tablespoon
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Soda bi-carbonate – 1/2 tsp
- Milk as required (approximately 5 tbsp)
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, soda bi-carbonate, baking powder in a bowl. ( if you like coffee flavour then u can also add 1tbsp of instant coffee powder )
- In another bowl beat curd (yoghurt), butter and sugar till fluffy. More you beat these, the fluffier and softer your cake will turnout.
- Now add the flour mix to the beaten butter mix. Take care not to form any lumps.
- Add little milk , stir properly and check for the consistency of the batter by dropping if with a spoon from a height. it should like smooth flowing ribbon consistency. if it is too thick add some more milk.
- Pour the batter in a greased Microwave safe dish and microwave for 3-5 min according to your’s apparatus.
- Check if cake is done by sticking a knife into the cake, if it comes out clean let cake cool. if some batter sticks to knife continue for another minute or two.
- Cool and garnish with your favorite icing and fruits. Or you might want to try it without icing, just some simple decorations.
Bake in a heated oven at 190 degrees C for about 40 minutes.
Baking in a Cooker: Heat the cooker for sometime. Keep the cake dish inside. Do not cover it and cover the cooker with some other lid. Keep the flame sim and bake for 1 hour 5-15 mts.
Take care to fill the utensil with batter 2/3rds only and to leave atleast 1/3rd space left.