Butter biscuits / Vennai Biscuit are an all time favorite a very popular cookie or biscuit recipe, especially among children. Lets see an easy recipe of it.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar ( adjust according to your taste)
- 2 to 3 cardamoms (elaichi)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cups Plain flour (maida)
- Cream butter till soft.
- Add sugar a little by little and cream well till soft anf fluffy.
- Add powdered elaichi
- Gently mix in the maida and make a dough.
- Take small balls of the dough, shape them round and flatten slightly between palms. ( or you can make out it in different shapes you wish)
- Arrange on a greased baking tray with some gaps in between and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees centigrade for 10 – 15 minutes, till slightly brown. Let cool for some minutes and then remove from tray,store it in a container and enjoy the tasty biscuits