- 1 Cup urad dal
- ¼ Cup Whole Wheat
- ½ Cup Brown Rice
- ¼ Cup Green Mung beans
- ½ Cup Channa dal
- 1/8 Methi seeds/Fenugreek seeds
- 1/2tsp Cumin seeds
- Coconut water -As needed (Optonal)
- Salt to tatse
- Oil for shallow Frying
- Soak wheat grains separately in water .Soak all remaining grains ,daal and beans along with cumin and methi seeds in enough water .They need to be soaked for 8 -10 hrs. Check in between to make sure that all the grains are submerged in water.
- Next Morning ,drain and grind all of them to a smooth paste adding water or Coconut water .Wash thick poha and add to the mixture and again grind it to make a smooth paste .
- Take out the ground mixture in big pot. Cover and keep it in a warm palce for fermenting .It will atke 6 – 8 hrs depending on weather.
- Now add some salt .You may add some water to make the pancake better or Othappam consistency.
- Grease small pan .Pour a ladle of better. Cover with a lid. Let it fry till brown spots appear .Then flip and cook side for a minute or two.
- Serve warm Khapar Poli with coconut syrup
- For the traditional decadence, follow these steps –
- Take a big, deep plate like paraat.
- Pour half of coconut Syrup.
- As soon as Kharpoli is ready, place it in the plate .
- Let it soak in Coconut syrup. When next khaparpoLi is ready ,keep the previous one in a serving plate.
- Follow this procedure you get a neat snack of KhaparpoLis ready.
- You may need to add more Coconut Syrup if needed.