Aval(Beaten rice/Poha) – 1 cup
Gram flour – 1 tbsp.
finely chopped Coriander leaves -1 tbsp.
finely chopped Curry leaves – a few
Grated Ginger- 1 tsp.
- Wash Aval and rinse well. Set aside for 10 minutes till it turns soft.
- Add all above ingredients (expect oil) and form a dough.
- Make dough without using water, as Aval is already enough wet. Make soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 parts and make small Vedas with hand of each part.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry vadas, until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or ketchup.
Source: Sadhanas Kitchen
General guidelines for healthier food for both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.