Water – 2 1/2 cup
Carrot – 1/4 cup
- Wash and soak the rice for 35 minutes . Drain it
- Saute the green peas . Keep aside
- Heat the ghee in wok add the whole spices When it splutters, add the rice and fry well.
- Put it in the rice cooker vessel, add hot water , saffron and salt . Cook it.
- When rice gets almost cooked add the sauted green peas in it and cook it.
- When rice is cooked add the fried paneer . Mix with fork, so that the rice retains its shape and does not get smashed.
- Transfer the rice to the plate and decorate with nuts , and cilantro and mint.
- Serve hot with Raita
Source: Sadhanas Madapalli
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.