You will Need
- One kg White pumpkin
- One and half cup sugar
- Few tbs of Ghee
- Few cashews broken into pieces
- Few Raisins
- A pinch of orange (food)colour.
- A pinch of Cardamom powder
- A pinch of edible camphor
- A pinch of Nutmeg powder.
1.Take one kg of white pumpkin peel off the skin and shred it .
2.Squeeze out the excess water in the shredded pumpkin.Squeeze with your hands for better results.
3.Heat a tbs of ghee and fry the broken cashews and raisins and keep aside.
4.In the same pan saute the shredded pumpkin.close and cook for five minutes so that the pumpkin is cooked till soft.
5.Once it is cooked add sugar and orange colour and heat till the sugar becomes sticky.when you add sugar it becomes a little watery but keep heating it stirring on and off.
6.Once it reaches the sticky consistency add some ghee,fried cashews and raisins and nutmeg,cardamom and camphor and stir.
When you cook the pumpkin it reduces in portion(volume)so add sugar accordingly.
Make sure the pumpkin is cooked before adding the sugar else it will not cook after adding sugar.
Thanks to Uma’s Kitchen
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.