|BOILED POTATOES||2 NO|
|GINGER ( GRATED)||1/2 TSP|
|LEMON JUICE||3/4 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||2 PINCHES|
|GREEN CHILLI||1-2 NO|
|URAD DAL||1/4 TSP|
- Boil and peel the skin of the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes roughly with your hands.
- In a pan, add oil and add mustard seeds and when it crackles add urad dal, grated ginger ,chopped green chilli , asafoetida, turmeric powder and curry leaves
- Add the mashed potatoes, salt and saute well.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve with any Gravy of your choice.
Always add lemon juice at the last else this will give a bitter taste to the curry.
Thanks to Jayasri recipies
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.