This is the Traditional khara paniyaram with oats instead of the rice.
You will Need
- 3/4 cup of Oats
- 1/4 cup of Tur dhal
- 1/4 cup of Channa dhal
- One tbs of Urad dhal
- One tbs of Moong dhal
- 6-7 Red Chillies
- One tsp of Fennel seeds
- Few Curry leaves
- Few Coriander leaves
- One piece of Ginger
- Oil to shallow fry
- Salt to taste
1.Wash and Soak the dhal together for a minimum of three hours.
2.Powder the Oats,red chillies,fennel seeds and ginger.
3.Add the soaked dhal to that and grind in to a coarse paste.(add water if required)
4.Let it be in a pouring consistency and add salt, curry and coriander leaves.
5.Mix well. Heat a Kuzhi paniyaram tawa and pour half a tsp of oil in each and pour one tbs of dough in each.Wait for few minutes turn it over and cook on both sides.
Thanks to Jaya’s Recipes
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.