Aadi Thirumanjanam or Jyestabhishekam at Vaduvur Kothandaraswamy Temple commenced today (July 19th 2013) and will continue till August 23rd, 2013. It is only during this time, the Kavacham is removed from Utsavar for the Thirumeni sevai.
- Gandha thaila (scented oil)
- Pancha gavyam (purification by a special five elements)
- Pancha-amritha (mixture of milk, yogurt, fruits, ghee & honey)
- Payas (milk)
- Dadhi (curd/yogurt)
- Madhu (honey)
- Jambeerasa naarikela (lime juice, and coconut water)
- Gandhodakam (water perfumed with sandalwood paste)
- Mangalodakam (water with turmeric powder)
- Sahasra dhaara (a shower bath using a plate having thousand small holes)
For announcement details, please visit http://anudinam.org/2013/06/21/vaduvur-sri-kothandaraswamy-aadi-thirumanjanam/. For previous year’s utsavam photographs, kindly visit http://anudinam.org/2012/08/17/vaduvur-aadi-tirumanjanam/
The following are some of the photographs taken earlier today during the Thirumanjanam….