- One cup of Green gram Dal
- Salt to Taste
- 3Tbs of powdered Jaggery
- One tsp of Oil
- One tsp of Mustard seeds
- 3 Dry Red chillies(broken)
- 4Tbs of Scraped Coconut
1.Dry Roast the Green gram Dal in a pan,wash and soak it in water for 2-3hours.
2.Pressure cook only for two whistles with salt.
3.Drain excess water and cool.
4.Heat Oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds and red chillies.
5.Pour the boiled Dal and add powdered jaggery and little salt if necessary.
6Cook until the water completely evaporates and finally add the scraped coconut.
Source: Jaya’s Recipies
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.