For Masala Poori
- Wheat flour 2cups
- Salt To Taste
- Turmeric powder A pinch
- Chilli powder Half a tsp
- Garam Masala Powder Half a spoon
- Coriander powder Half a spoon
- Cumin powder Half a spoon
- Boiled Potato One mashed
- Water To knead
- 1 Ripe Mango
- Elaichi and Kesar (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix all the Poori ingredients and make it in to a soft dough by adding water.
- Roll it out into a big roti and cut out into desired sized pooris.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the pooris.
- Serve hot with Aamras. To make Aamras puree the ripe mango and add sugar.If you desire you can add some Elaichi powder and Kesar.
- The Pooris have all the masalas and spice so serving it with something sweet and mild would taste great.
Courtesy: Smt Uma
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.