- Kadalai Mavu gram flour(Besan) – 2cups
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Sugar – 3cups
- Saffron – a few strands
- Yellakai(Cardamon) – 3-4 powdered
- Oil for frying
- Take the kadalai mavu (Besan),add turmeric powder in a mixing bowl and make a batter which is not watery nor too stiff.
- It should be like bhajji batter.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Using ladoo ladle pour a ladle of batter and make boondis.
- Remove with slotted ladle and drain excess oil.
- Use the rest of the batter till boondis are made.
- Wash the ladoo ladle and dry it after every use.
- Make a single string syrup with the sugar .
- Add saffron .Stir in the boondis.
- Take ghee and fry the cashews and raisins .
- Add to the boondis.
- Once cooled shape into Ladoos and offer it to Perumal.
Courtesy : Smt Vyjayanthi Sundarajan