- Maida / All purpose flour – 1 Cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Gingelly Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – a Pinch
- Channa Dhal – 1/2 Cup
- Grated Jaggery – 1/2 Cup
- Grated Coconut – 2 tablespoon
- Cardamom – 4
- Cook the channa dhal in pressure cooker till it is soft.
- Grind the channa dhal along with grated cocunut and cardamon without adding water to fine paste
- Then add the jaggery to the mixer and give a pulse and mix it with the Channa dhal paste. Pooranam is ready now.
- Mix the maida with oil and turmeric and add little water. The dough should be like chapati dough. Keep it aside for atleast 30 mins.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Spread each ball like Poori using hand. Or you can also place the ball of dough in a plastic sheet greased with oil.
- Now, keep the pooranam in the middle of the rolled poori.
- Close the poori with stuffed pooranam and remove the excess dough.
- Using hand spread the stuffed poli dough in such a way that the pooranam is spread evenly.
- Then heat a pan and add the rolled poli in the pan and add little ghee and cook one side.
- Turn other side and add some ghee and cook it. Remove the cooked poli from pan. Repeat the same for the remaining poli dough.
- The delicious Paruppu Poorana Poli is ready to serve hot.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.