- Rajma (Kidney Beans)-1 cup
- Tomatoes – 4
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder (dhania powder)-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger (grated)-1 inch
- Green chillies sliced-1
- Oil- tablespoon
- Salt- as needed
- Water-4 cups
- In a pressure cooker add Rajma, water, salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a pan then add asafoetida, Cumin Seeds and grated ginger.
- As the ginger turns golden brown, add tomatoes & green chillies to the mixture.
- Add turmeric powder & coriander powder (dhania powder) & as the mixture starts leaving oil, add 1 tsp salt, red chilli powder and mix well.
- As the mixture leaves oil, add it to the rajma that you have boiled in the pressure cooker.
- Cook them well for around 10-15 minutes, as a good gravy is formed.
- Rajma is ready to serve now.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.