The ChikkaTirupathi (meaning of chikka-small)temple is actually the miniature of the main Tirupathi temple in Andhra Pradesh.This is a very famous ancient temple of historical importance which is at around 40kms from Bengaluru city centre. This is towards East Bengaluru on Sarjapur – Hoskote National Highway. It is at 15 kms from Kolar and Malur.
As for the history of this temple, it was constructed during Cholas period. As per Sthala purana, in Hindu Epic Mahabharatha – Lord Agni (god of fire) during was punished with a curse from a snake “Takshak” during Kandava Dahana. To overcome this, Agnibhagawan performed hard penance praying to Lord Vishnu. Pleased by his prayers, Lord Vishnu appeared before Agni and blessed him and relieved him from the clutches of the curse.
India is known for having many religious holy pilgrimage and sacred places. Chikka Tirupathi is one of the sacred place located in South Karnataka , Kolar district , Malur Taluk .
Reach Chikka Tirupati Temple:
- By rented car from city centre.
- Distance from Bangalore to Chikka Tirupathi is 37.4 Km and takes around 1 h 26 min via NH 207.
- Nearest Town is Sarjapur (12.4 km)
- Chikka Tirupati Temple Address: NH 207, Chikka Tirupathi, Karnataka 563160, India, Bengaluru
- Chikka Tirupati Temple Contact Number: +91-8151238467
- Chikka Tirupati Temple Timing: 08:00 am – 08:30 pm
- Address: NH 207, Chikka Tirupathi, Karnataka 563160, India, Bengaluru
Timings to visit Chikka Tirupati Temple(preferred time): 05:30 pm – 07:00 pm