Ellu Urundai / Sesame Seeds Laddu
- Sesame seeds/ellu - 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Roasted Peanuts -1/2 cup
- Dry roast sesame seeds until it sizzles and you get a nice nutty flavor of roasted sesame seeds.
- Powder jaggery.
- Roast peanuts and powder it coarsely.
- Grind sesame seeds coarsely and add powdered jaggery to it. Dry grind both together until well combined. Transfer it to a plate, add coarsely ground peanuts and mix everything well.
- Make balls and store it in an air tight container. You do not have to add ghee as the oil content in the sesame seeds helps to bind the laddus well.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.