Pasi Paruppu Payasam
- Pasi Paruppu – 1 cup
- Jaggery dissolved in water – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Coconut Milk – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Cashews, Raisins – as needed
- Dry roast moong dal till golden brown and nice aroma rises. Set aside to cool. Take coconut milk extract and set aside.
- Heat ghee and roast cashews and raisin and set aside.Then pressure cook moong dal (with 1/2 cup of water) for 4 whistles and keep aside, It should be mashy enough. Just mash it once thats enough.
- In hot water, immerse powdered jaggery and crush it well, filter to remove impurities and keep it ready. Now take a wide bottomed pan add cooked moong dhal, then add filtered jaggery syrup and milk. Let it cook for 3-5mins.
- Then add coconut milk, cardamom powder – give a quick stir.Bring it to single boil, dont let it boil for more. Add ghee roasted cashews and serve hot/cold.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.