The nutrition value of green dhal when taken as sprouted is multi-fold. Bee it sprouted dhal or begal gram when aten will give maximum energy needed for healthy functioning of human body. It keeps the body cool and is easy to digest.
- Green dhal
- Tomato (required)
- Pepper(if prefered)
1) Soak and leave the green dhal in water overnight.
2) Drain the water in the morning and leave the soaked dhal for 4 hours to sprout.
3) Mix germinated dhal and sliced tomatoes.
4) Sprinkle lemon juice, required quantity of salt (for taste use pepper) and mix it and serve.
General guidelines for healthier food for both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.