You will Need
- 2 cups of Curry leaves
- One tbs of Urad Dal
- 3 dried Red chillies
- Half a tsp of Tamarind paste
- One tbs of Gingelly Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Small piece of Ginger
- Half tsp of Jaggery
- A generous pinch of Asafoetida
- 1.Wash and dry the curry leaves on a kitchen tissue or towel to absorb the moisture.
- 2.Heat half tbs of oil and roast the urad dal,red chillies and asafoetida and set aside.
- 3.Heat the remaining oil and roast the curry leaves for two to three minutes.
- 4.In a mixer first grind the dal,chillies,asafoetida,salt,tamarind paste,ginger.
- 5.Add the curry leaves and jaggery and a little water and grind to a thick paste.
Courtesy: Smt Uma Shankar
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.