Thenkuzhal is a tasty snack and one wonders how it is is associated with then – honey, but then that is how this savoury is known as.
Here is the recipe:
- Rice flour – 3cups
- Uluthamavu (Urad powder) – 1 cup
- Jeeragam (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- ghee- 3-4 tsps
- oil for frying
- Mix the rice flour, urad flour, salt, ghee, jeeragam well.
- Add water to make a dough (ensure that it is not watery).
- Put in the thenkuzhal acchu and fill the nazhi with the dough.
- Heat oil, then lower flame and make round thenkuzhals.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Remove when done with a slotted spoon and drain excess oil in a sieve.
- Remove and store in an airtight container when completely cooled.
Courtesy : Smt Vyjayanthi Sundarajan