- Orange Skin from 2 oranges chopped finely
- Green chillies – 2 chopped
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind – 1 small lemon size
- Water – 1 cup
- Jaggery / Sugar – 1/4 cup or to taste
- Soak the tamarind in 1 cup of water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add Mustard Seeds, Urad dal, Curry leaves and mix them well.
- Add Orange Skin and Chillies and saute for 5 mins.
- Now add Turmeric Powder, Salt and mix them well.
- Pour tamarind water in the mixture.
- Simmer the pan and cook till orange skin cooked well. It will take around 8 to 10 mins.
- Now add Jaggery and mix well. Cook this for 5 to 7 mins till it thickens.
- Orange Peel Pachadi is ready to serve now.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.