Raw mango: 1 mango or 300 gms (cut into big flat pieces. Peeling the skin is optional.)
Jaggery: 300 gms (break jaggery into small pieces.
Green chilli: 2 long
Turmeric: a pinch
Red chilli: 1 long
Ghee: 1 tsp
Mustard: for seasoning
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook mango by adding some water(till the mango pieces are immersed half) and turmeric.
- In a pan/kadai, add ghee. Once it is hot, add mustard. When the mustard splutters add red chilli.
- Add jaggery and little water(around 3 to 4 tbsp).
- Keep in low flame.
- Stir until the jaggery dissolves.(around 5 to 10 minutes).
- Add the cooked mango and salt. Boil for around 10 minutes or until the consistency becomes somewhat thick. Remove from heat.