Chopped Fresh ginger – ½ cup
Curry leaves – 1 stem
Red Chillies – 2 no
Bengal gram dhal – 1 tablespoon
Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
Asafetida – a pinch
Tamarind – a small gooseberry size
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Soak tamarind in little hot water.
- Wash the ginger, scrap the skin and cut it into small pieces.
- Put oil in a kadai, fry the dhals, red chillies, asafetida and curry leaves. Keep aside.
- Fry the chopped ginger in the same oil for two minute.
- Add tamarind, and salt and grind to a coarse paste.