Banana is a very healthy fruit ,easily available and cheap indeed.This is a particular varity of fruit which is available through out the year and we need not wait for the season. Riped banana’s are simple divine when added to any sweetdishes it enhances the flavour and gives a peculiar varity of richness. It hardly takes 15 minutes to prepare this sweet dish and the ingredients required is also so simple.
- Well ripe bananas – 2 large
- Milk – 2 cups
- water – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup[powdered]
- Cardammom – 1/2 tsp
- saffron – 2 piches
- Butter / Ghee – 3 tsp
- Mash the riped banana’s with hand so as to form a rough paste.
- Take a pan add 2 tsp of butter to it and allow it to melt.Then add the banana paste to it and fry till it turns slighty brown.
- Then add jaggery to it and keep mixing properly when all the jaggery is properly incorporated ,add milk and water to it and simmer and allow it to cook for 5 mins
- Take 1 tsp of butter in pan and add1 tsp each of scliced almounds,cashews and raisins to it and roast it.
- Now add the saffron to the payasam and bring to a boil.then add cardammom powder and butter roasted dry fruits to it and mix properly and bring to boil and allow it to enhance the flavour by increasing the heat and cooking for another 4 mins.
- Now Kheer is ready to serve to the Lord.