Thengai Thogayal – very delicious and very simple to make. It goes well along with rice and a small spoon of gingerlly oil. Also can be used as sidedish for vathakuzhambu etc and even for idly,dosai,upma, chappati etc also.
- Half of the Coconut scraped/grated
- Urud dhal (ulutham paruppu) – 2tbsp
- Red chillies – 4 to 6
- Asefoedita (hing) – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Tamarind – very small (one sundakaay size)
- Heat the oil in a pan and roast the urud dhal and red chillies till golden brown. Add hing at last
- Then grind the above with tamarind and salt first. Later add coconut to it and grind it just by sprinkling water to a coarse paste.
Courtesy: Uma’s Kitchen