|SPINACH STEM (CHOPPED)||1 CUP|
|GREEN CHILLI||1 NO|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|RICE FLOUR||1/4 TSP|
|COCONUT OIL||1 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
Chop the stem of the spinach finely. Discard the root.
Cook this in a pan adding very less water.Add salt while cooking.
This will get cooked in 7-10 minutes.
Grind the coconut, green chilli and cumin seeds along with the rice flour into a smooth paste.Add little water while grinding.
Mix the paste to the cooked spinach stem and add the yogurt to this.
Mix well to form a thick gravy. do not add much water as it will make the kootu watery.
After adding yogurt do not boil for a long time. Just put off the flame in a minute.
Temper with mustard seeds and serve with rice .
This taste best when served with rice and Vatha kuzhambhu
Thanks to Jayasree recipies
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.