Cauliflower cut into very small pieces-50 grams approx-1/4 cup
Potatoes cut into very small pieces-2-3 medium sized
Water just enough to make a thick batter
Salt to taste (1/2 teaspoon)
Red chilli powder-1/4 teaspoon
Anardana powder-1/4 teaspoon
Kasoori methi-1/4 teaspoon
Green chilli chopped-1-2
Oil for deep frying
Cut the cauliflower & the potatoes into very small pieces.
To the besan, add very little water just to make a thick batter.
If you add too much water & then add vegetables you won’t be able to deep fry as the vegetables also leave water.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, anardana powder, ajwain & kasoori methi to this batter.
- Mix it well & add chopped green chillies to it.
- Mix it well & add the chopped vegetables to it.
- Mix them well & the batter is formed.
- In a pan, heat oil for deep frying.
- Drop 1-2 tablespoons of the batter for each pakoda in the oil at a little distance from each other.
- Deep fry them from both the sides till they turn golden brown in color.
- Take them out on a paper towel.
- Veg pakoda are ready to serve.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.