- Rice – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 2 tsp
- oil – 2 tsp
- Grated jaggery – 1 tsp
- Red chilli – 5-6
- Few curry leaves
- White sesame seeds – 100 gms
- Cook the rice and keep aside.
- Dry roast the white sesame seeds and grind to a fine powder.
- In a kadai, add the oil. When it becomes hot, add the mustard seeds, urad dal and red chilli.
- When the seeds splutters, add curry leaves.
- Add the rice, salt, seasme seeds powder and grated jagerry and mix well till it blends together.
- Now the Ellu Sadham is ready to serve hot.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.