- Spinach: 1 bunch
- Salt: To Salt
- Cumin Seeds 1 1/2 tsp
- Rice Flour: 1 tsp
- Ghee: 1tsp
- Mustard Seeds: 1tsp
- Urad Dal: 1tsp
- Red Chillies: 2
- Asadoetida: A pinch
- Chop the spinach or any other type of Keerai (Spinach). (Mulai Keerai is recommended)
- Wash it thoroughly and boil it with salt and cumin seeds.
- Pour out the extra water and beat it with the hand beater.
- Add one tsp of rice flour to water and make a paste and add it to the mashed keerai.
- Heat up the Keerai for a minute.
- Heat ghee in a pan and season with mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin, red chillies and asafoetida.
- Pour it over the Keerai and mix well before serving.
- You can season it and then pour the Keerai into the same pan and heat for a minute.
- Take extra care in washing the Keerai.
- Salt can be added again if required since we add it while boiling.
Courtesy: Smt Uma
General guidelines for healthier food for both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.