- One cup Tur dhal
- Two medium sized capsicums
- Few Red Chillies
- Few Curry leaves
- Two Tbs of Oil
- One tsp of Mustard seeds
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- Salt to Taste
- Soak the Tur dhal,red chillies and few curry leaves for half an hour.
- Remove the excess water and grind it into a coarse paste.add some salt but do not add water while grinding.
- Take out the paste and place it on the idliplate or a steamer and steam it for 15 minutes.
- Cool and again put it in the mixer and give it a whisk so that it crumbles evenly.
- Heat oil in a pan crackle mustard seeds and saute chopped capsicum.(let it be crisp).
- Add the crumbled dhal and saute for few minutes.Add some salt,asafoetida and curry leaves.
Courtesy: Smt Uma
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.