- 500gms of Colocasia (Sennaikizhangu)
- Lemon sized ball of Tamarind
- Two tbs of jaggery
- Salt to Taste
- One cup Tur dhal
- 1/2tsp of Turmeric powder
- Generous pinch of Asafoetida
- One tbs of Gingelly oil
Roast and grind:
- Two tsp of Channa dhal
- Two tsp of Coriander seeds
- Eight nos red chillies
- Two tbs of scraped coconut
- Pressure cook the tur dhal with turmeric.
- Soak tamarind in hot water for an hour and extract pulp three times.
- Roast in a little oil and grind the masala into a paste.
- Boil the colocasia(cut into small cubes)in tamarind water and turmeric.
- Add the ground paste,boiled dhal,little water if it is very thick and jaggery.
- Season it with mustard seeds,curry leaves and asafoetida.
Courtesy: Smt Uma
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.